Friday, September 6, 2013

Fall Fever!

Is there such a thing? I think there must be cause I've come down with it!  It's still in the 80's up here in the northwest, which is unusual even for summer around these parts, but you can tell Fall is on it's way. There's just that "something" you can feel; a stirring of air, a few scattered leaves zig zagging to the ground, and of course the sun setting earlier and earlier with each day.

This year I'll be welcoming in Fall by a trip to Tennessee! If you've never been, you really must go. It's so beautiful, and even more so in the Fall. The colors just explode with some of my favorite Autumn and Halloween colors of gold and orange!

The purpose of my trip? I will be visiting with my best old "Bag" friend/sister, fellow artist/creator and proprietress of Macabre Webs, Ellen. She's my Halloween pal, partner-in-crime and past life webweaver. And we actually lived to tell about it!
The "Bag" lives outside of Nashville on her own piece of heaven; 6 acres in the country, with her hubby and various critters. They have an amazing barn and a workshop where they create Halloween props and an assortment of monstrous effects for movies, as well as for her own art, not to mention throwing THE annual Halloween hoedown! The biggest pumpkinfest that side of the Appalachia!!! Yee haw Pa!

We have a full itinerary planned as you can imagine; Day 1: Heading east to Jack Daniel's in Lynchburg, then over to the Lynchburg Hardware and General Store, then it's over to Marvin's in Fayetteville. OMG - you haven't lived till you've eaten BUTTER ROLL.

Day 2: Paddling the Harpeth River out of Kingston Springs. I'm hoping the trees along the bank will be turning all my favorite Fall colors by then. Maybe Mondel's for dinner or to the Loveless Cafe.

Day 3: Franklin, TN and Belle Meade Plantation, then to downtown to check out the little shops and to CeCe's for frozen yogurt.

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but we're going to go check out some properties while I'm there as well. I'm hoping to buy there so I can have all my horses at home with me, and then start a new business with her. I think TN would be a marvelous place to do that! In another post, I'll tell you all about that.

Besides running around to the point of sheer exhaustion no doubt, we WILL be going to all our favorite food places and are making a VERY lengthy list of all the southern food items that I must consume; deep fried pickles, butter roll (duh!), fried chicken, sweet potatoe pie, chicken and waffles, CeCe's yogurt, chocolate dipped cones from this place in Pegram, moonpies from Bell Buckle. Oh the list continues to grow, as does my expanding waist! LOL!

 
 
 
 

No comments: