Thursday, April 21, 2016

Snowmen for all Seasons

I never get tired of snowmen, even if it's 100 degrees out I love looking at them. If you're a snowman collector like me, you probably feel the same way. My collection is displayed on the tops of my bookcases in my art studio so they're out all year long. I've got everything from glass blown ornaments to cute gift bags. Everything snowman!

Painting them for me is such a joy. It's like bringing them to life! I've changed up my backgrounds a little this past winter, adding in teals and tans instead of the usual dark blues. I loved how they turned out. And of course I had to add a Halloween themed scene complete with spooky tree and pumpkin. Snowmen are just universal! And they can be painted on any surface. My favorite are river rocks, but I also do wood and clay. Anyway you paint them, they're just adorable.

I'm thrilled when someone orders one of my special little guys to add to their own collections or give to another collector. Some of my snowmen have found new homes as far as the Middle East!


Here are just a few that are featured in my Etsy store. More on the way!
 
 
 
 

No comments: