Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Heat is On!

Summer Time Living!
We're weeks away from summer, and here in Tennessee we're set to have our first real "heat wave" this weekend. And you know, I really don't mind at all. I was deprived of sun while living in Washington for about 18 years, and my body is just soaking it up now, and loving it. I feel like I'm really thriving in warmer weather.

The first year I was here, I have to admit I was absolutely miserable. I hated the heat and the humidity. Having horses, I don't have the luxury of just staying inside all day long in the A/C when the weather is hot, I've got things to do! Now, after being here a couple years, I think I've adapted.

Interestingly enough, I was recently offered my old job back in Washington, which I love by the way, and with a very large pay raise! But......I couldn't do it. I can't go back to all the traffic and congestion that we wanted to move away from. Or how the houses are just smashed together with no room, encroaching on all the wildlife and destroying the natural habitat of the area. I was really surprised I turned it down and decided to stay here in TN, at least for awhile.

We've decided though once my project at work is finished, we'll relocate somewhere else. Even though I do love the sun here, the storms can be unpredictable (tornados), and I don't want to have that threat looming every springtime.

For me, life's a beach! We both agree the beach is somewhere we'd love to settle. Not sure where yet, but we're looking at some options including Florida or Hawaii. My love of surfing is definitely something I want to do more of, along with snorkeling and just being closer to the ocean. Life's a journey!



No comments: