Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving! Save a Turkey!

Gobble gobble! Happy Thanksgiving 2016 everyone! I hope you all have a wondrous day with family and friends. A Hallmark kind of day.

This year we'll be eating something a little different at our house. No turkey, ham or roast beef this year. Nope. This year, I'm considering all my animal friends. Yes, I know I've heard all the arguments. I don't care. It's a personal choice and of course we're all free to eat whatever we want. I'm choosing meat-free this year.

My choice is something that I discovered while on a tour of an animal sanctuary in Washington state; Pasado's Safe Haven. An amazing place..  While on the tour, there were several food stations set up and each one had something different and delicious. What I didn't know till the tour was over, was that each item was vegan. Hmmm..pretty tasty!

So this year I'm choosing a Celebration Roast from Field Roast. It's a delicious blend of whole grains, and I believe this one has hazelnuts and cranberries. Festive for the holiday season. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans, it's a delicious alternative to meat. You can buy Field Roast products at the better grocery stores, and of course places like Whole Foods. Maybe something to try for your own holidays sometime?

No comments: