Sunday, November 19, 2017

Gobble Gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Will you be partaking in "Black Friday?" I definitely won't be. I love shopping, the hectic hustle and bustle of the holiday rush and all, but Black Friday is just a bit too crazy even for this girl. I'll just shop local at some of the little mom and pop shops. Kind of cozy and a bit more intimate I think.
Nuts! 
What are your plans for the holidays this year? For me, it'll be a quiet one. It's been that way pretty much since my Dad passed away. Holidays just aren't the same without him at the end of the table. There's really only my brother and myself left and he's in California and I'm in Tennessee (for now), so we just celebrate on our own. Sort of lonely but we make the best of it. Try and find bits of joy....

My Etsy shop is always busy this time of year so I've been filling orders while watching Hallmark movies. I just love them! Do you have a favorite? "Christmas Under Wraps" is one of mine.

I also love, "A Christmas Kiss", though I don't think it's a Hallmark movie. It's still one of those happy, feel good, festive ones though.
I've been working a little also, just cutting hair for now until I find a regular day job, or maybe I'll stay cutting hair. I really do like it. I mean what a fun job!
Really I've been home more than I've been working, but that's ok. I love to spend time with my dogs and cats especially cause 2 of my dogs are getting old and every day counts. I give extra love and attention to them. The dogs love having me around too to keep them company. We all watch Hallmark movies together!!

Happiest of holidays everyone!!!

2 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

We never do the black Friday sales.
I have never been interested in them.
Staying home and cooking for Thanksgiving, then going to a festival of lights on Friday night:)
hugs

By Way of Salem said...

Me neither! I don't think I've ever been to one. They just look out of control on TV. Downright hazardous! LOL!
Sounds like you'll have a really nice holiday. I'd rather be home cooking and eating and just being with family. Hope it's awesome! Hugs to you too my friend!