Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jeannine's WIP - Papier Mache Star Box

This is a really fun piece for me cause the shape is already done. No worries of smoothing the lumps and bumps, or shaping of clay, I just get to paint. And I love to just paint. Don't get me wrong - I adore creating my funny little characters, but it's the paint that brings them to life. Hmmm...kind of like me without make-up.

I've got a lot of work left yet, but at least I have the clouds, moon, and the all-important polka dot trim on. I'm thinking in the middle, a haunted house or graveyard, or, D.) all of the above. The box is rather large, so it should be an impressive piece with room for lots of spookiness. Not sure yet how I'll line it - I'll conjure up something appropriate...maybe decoupage or a crushed velvet.

No comments: