Sunday, September 8, 2013

Halloween Works in Progress

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a few of my most recent creations with y'all before I forget, which I'm known to do since I strongly believe there's a direct correlation between art and insanity!

This is my first attempt designing/stitching and painting my version of a monster doll. I know, I know, you've probably seen a lot of these already, but I wanted to give it a try cause they're so darn cute. Mine isn't done yet so this really is a WIP (work in progress). Once I have him complete, I'll put up a new pic. I've got a couple more appendages to add...

Not using a pattern, I sort of winged it. Just stitching and shaping as I went along. Being a fabric hoarder (and darn proud of it!), I had lots of Halloween scraps and quarters available to choose from. It was more difficult than I thought to put all the fabric selections together, and even now it's too "perfect", so next time I'm just going to randomly pick and choose.

For the face, I did some stitching but then had to add in my handpainting as well. His "crazy" eye and teeth are painted and trimmed with stitching instead of ink.

Once I stitched all the parts and pieces together, I laughed out loud how he turned out! I liked him!

Here's my Halloween version of my favorite snowman holding a pumpkin under the night sky while a spooky tree watches from behind. I still have to add some finishing touches, but he's on the way to chubby cuteness!


Next is a Halloween "Trick or Treat" Wish box. This is a petite wooden box, embellished with a special surprise inside; a tiny envelope to hide a wish underneath the lid. The top is painted with witch boots(say that 3 times fast!) and whirls, stars and dots, along with lots of witch hats all the way around the sides. It's held up by 4 ball feet, each painted a different Halloween color with added polka dots. Inside is lined with black and white polka dot paper.

 
You can see all of these and more in my Etsy store. Just click here and it will take you right to it. Happy Halloween! 

No comments: