Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Tiny Bit of Fall - Works in Progress

I just wanted to share a few of the things I'm working on for my upcoming shows in September and November.

I've got 2 shows in September; 1 is in Murfreesboro, TN at Paisley and Plaid's Fall Market on September 10th, and the other is Sweet Tea and Shopping's Fall Frenzy in Gallatin, TN on September 16th (preview night) and September 17th. Then in November, it's Paisley and Plaid's Christmas Market on November 12th (also in Murfreesboro, TN). They should all be fantastic shows and I'm very excited to be a vendor and be part of these holiday events!
So here are a few quick pics to bring you up to date;
First my helper. This is Lucy, my Staffordshire terrier and helper extraordinaire. Always by my side now that Freckie is gone, and willing to lend a paw. LOL!

Papier mache pumpkin on a wooden candlestick base. I'm excited about this one! I haven't done papier mache in awhile and I think this'll be fun when it's all finished. I'll post a finished picture. Update: Last night I finished the head. I painted it a warm buttermilk color and did the facial features in a deep brown wash instead of the usual black, and then antiqued the whole thing with a nut brown color. I am loving it! Hope you will too.


This is the start of a wooden and paper clay wire witch. I'm going to be sculpting the witch head out of clay, painting it, then stitching up a fun pointy witch hat. She'll have wire arms as well, perhaps holding a bucket of treats or maybe a magic wand, we'll see. Another project that I think will be really cute when it's finished.

And finally, here's one I'm just not sure of. I want to do a set of Dia de los Muertos wine glasses, and I'm not loving the paint. It's hard to cover and streaky. Painting glass may look simple, but in reality, it's not, at least for me. But again, we'll see how it turns out.
Ok, back to work! And feel free to leave a comment, I love to get feedback on my work. Keeps me on my toes!

No comments: