Saturday, July 6, 2019

Waiting for Fall, but in the meantime...

Hope everyone's summer is going great and you're doing some fun things.  I've been working in my garden and thought I'd post some pics of what's growing.

Zinnias are my all-time favorite flower, and every summer I try and plant as many as I can. This year I planted from seed, which definitely required some patience as I was anxious to see them bloom. It's amazing how each one looks so different in color and size, even though they're the same variety. The colors are so vivid and beautiful aren't they? They also attract many types of butterflies to the garden, which is another reason I plant them. So pretty!

Thumbelina Zinnias in a wheelbarrow
Planted in a large metal water trough
See the little butterflies?
Black Eyed Susans, Coneflowers, Zinnias, and more!
Russian Sage, Coneflower, and lots of Zinnas blooming

Have a seat and relax!
Part of the small garden in the front of the house

No comments: