Saturday, May 11, 2019

Halloween and Snowmen, and Other Sweet Things Forever!

Yes, once again I've been absent from my blog. I remember when I used to blog at least once at week, if not every other day. I miss that as I was in touch with the goings on with all my blogger friends and seeing what all my artsy friends were creating. Anyway, here I am again and happy to be here, and I'm going to really try to post a lot more.

Briefly, let me catch you up with my goings on; quit my job in March, starting a new one next week. Had a colonoscopy (I know, too much info) in March also and I have diverticulitis all throughout my entire colon (oh joy!), was really sick from it in January (thankfully not hospitalized!), went to Utah in Sept/October and loved it (as usual). During our stay, the Witchfest was going on at Gardner's Village and that was awesome!!! I will say that Utahns love Halloween! And before that, I have no idea what else was going on with me!






Sooooo...a few weeks back, or so, I announced on my By Way of Salem FB page that I was going to be doing something new and different and not doing Halloween as much as I was. I created a new business called BARN DOGS USA, where I make handmade dog collars from really cute 100% cotton fabrics, with antique brass hardware and colored buckles. Sounds pretty easy right? OMG backbreaking work for me, stooped over a cutting table attempting to cut out strips of fabric that are all perfectly straight, and then once again stooped over my sewing machine stitching them up. While they came out really cute I thought, and was happy with the result, for me they were not at all creative and I didn't enjoy making them. I think that was the biggest thing, like what would happen if I got a bunch of orders?! Gasp! I'd have to continue making them! LOL! So I put what I did make in my BarnDogUSA Etsy shop and that's that. Once they sell, if they sell, I am so over it and on to Halloween and painting that I love. I mean really, how could I ever give up Halloween!
Cute right? I think so!
Now, Halloween stuff. YES! Let me show you a couple things I've made (and sold) since we last talked!


These are a couple of stitched muslin art dolls that I had a lot of fun creating. The Frankenstein character sold last month, and I just have the Witch and Pumpkin Man remaining. It's really fun to paint and sculpt their faces and give them their kooky personalities!





And on the sweeter side; the "trailer" is made of salt dough which I won't use again since it's not reliable - it cracks and just doesn't hold up, but I loved the painting part! Then a new snowman rock which I love. I still do a LOT of snowmen, in all forms, and I adore creating them.

So, here I am, back creating, loving what I do. Enjoying everyday with my pets, binge watching Grace and Frankie, staying busy in my garden (and I'm so happy it's planting time again!), and just grateful for all I have in my life. And yes, I'll be back! Hugs to you all! Jeannine

No comments: