Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Whole New World

Hey everyone! Yes, I'm alive and well and still living in Nowheresville, TN. But thankfully so now that we've got this crazy virus spreading across the globe. I guess it's sort of good to be down on the farm afterall.
I have to admit I'm a tad freaked out. I'm worried. Worried for the whole world, not just me, my family, or friends. The whole world. I've got relatives in France who are quarantined as well. My one cousine, I mean cousin, Priscilla, is a nurse. She said there is no protection in her hospital where she works. No masks, no alcohol or santizer. She just got over a desperate bout of pneumonia a month or so ago and she has a baby and a family. It's a bad situation. She wants to stay and do her part and help people, but she's also torn on what she needs to do which is stay home, stay healthy so she can care for her son. It's hard, it really is.

Yesterday I was laid off from my job due to this virus. Working for a small construction company, we're dependent on our projects. And of course with Nashville pretty much shutting down, so did our projects. I was only hired about 2 months ago, and I know my job is expendable because project managers can do estimates and get quotes themselves, they don't need me when we're not busy. They're hoping things will ramp up in a few months and they'll be able to call me back. I hope so too. Not just for the money but also to be working, and contributing.

Well so I'm home now then. I'm going to use this time to do a lot of art. I mean a lot! I'd already been doing that a few months ago before I got that job, so I'll get pick up where I left off. Hopefully I'll sell some more orders. I've found some wonderful customers via Instagram and they've reordered multiple times. It's a great feeling, not just the money, but that they love what I do, which is why I keep on doing it!
Anyway, I just wanted to check in with everyone. Stay safe, stay well!!

No comments: