Tuesday, September 15, 2020

IT's F@LL! PuMPkIn SPiCe L@TtE TiMe!

Hey everyone! Hope you're doing well...all things considered. Last post was back in March when all the craziness began. I don't need to post about all that stuff, cause, well, we've all heard everything about it...so let's just move right along!

What have I been busy doing? Well, time with my horses of course. Not riding cause it's been summer, and summer here in the south is sheer misery for me; hot and humid, and very buggy. I've been enjoying their company though, and just spending time with them. Both Simba, my heart horse, and Baby, my Mustang, are both doing well.

On a sadder note, I lost my big Toby dog, the last of my "pack" that I moved here to TN with. They're all gone....It broke my heart to lose every one, losing Toby hit hard. He was always there, my security blanket I guess, my rock. I thought he'd live forever. I think it was cancer that took him. He developed some large masses that couldn't be removed. With that came breathing issues. He fought and really wanted to live, but he finally succumbed. Thankfully it happened here at home, in an instant. I'm grateful for that little bit. He was the best dog. Well, they all were. I can't help but think that if I never moved here, they'd all still be alive. I blame myself for that. Huge regret....

Ok well, art stuff. I'm still home creating. Not working. Not sure when or if that will indeed happen again. Maybe when we move. I'm sure that's when.. So here I am. I have been doing art constantly these past 6 months. And I have to say, I'm loving EVERY second of it! My mind just won't shut off with all the things I've been making and want to make. I've met a lot of new customers through social media and have created many custom orders for them. It's been great! Here's a few things I've been working on:










And these are just a FEW things! Not only have I been creating, but I've taken several jewelry classes, a watercolor class, and an amazing marketing class too. Oh and baking! LOL! Lots of baking! I've made cheesecake, apple cinnamon scones, individual apple pies, lots of banana bread, cookies, you name it, I've baked it. AND ate it too! Yum, delish! I've even been chatting with Pastry Chef Dwayne, the winner of a multitude of championships on the Food Network shows. We vow to get together sometime this Fall and bake an apple pie together. Should be a blast! 

Anyway, just trying to stay as busy as possible to get through these difficult times. I know better days are ahead and that's what I'm focusing on. Staying positive and productive. Not to sound cheesy, but try and think good thoughts. We'll get through this. Be well everyone and take good care of yourselves and each other!

No comments: