Monday, September 28, 2020

F@LL is the Beginning of Baking Season!

Hey everyone! It's the end of September, we're in Fall mode now, and so I thought it'd be a good time to kick off the season with an amazing recipe that I tried about a month ago and will be baking again here soon. They were SO delicious I can't even tell you! If you love cinnamon, these are for you! 

I have to tell you that I modified the recipe for me just a bit, meaning I added a lot more cinnamon. Do what you want, follow the recipe to a "T" or not. I added a couple tablespoons of cinnamon and I think a dash of cloves and nutmeg too. My apples were also leftover from apple pie I had made, so I added those in too. They had been chopped and mixed with brown sugar and butter. I mean really, that can only make a recipe better right? Yes, right! I also didn't have any pecans, so those weren't in mine (tho I love them). Oh and my glaze - I added cinnamon to my mixture.

Ok, so here's the recipe. Seriously, make them! And another tip, make sure the dough is chilled before kneading and cutting, or it'll be sticky.

Apple Pie Scones

🍎🍎🍎
Ingredients
For The Scones
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
For The Topping
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°
For The Scones
In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt together.
Add cold butter into flour mixture and using a pastry blender or a fork, mix until crumbly.
Add chopped apples and pecans, stir.
Pour in milk and stir until incorporated.
Remove from bowl and place on a flour covered surface and knead about 8 times.
Form a rectangle, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then cut into 8 diagonal pieces and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
Place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until browned.
For The Topping
Mix powdered sugar with milk to make a glaze, then drizzle over each scone.

These are drool worthy, so make them! You're welcome! 

No comments: