Monday, September 20, 2021

Things Don't Always Go As Planned....

It's September now, more than halfway through actually. The past few months since I last posted haven't been the best. At all. It's been very hard. Filled with heartbreak. I won't get into details as I still haven't really dealt with it, denial I'm thinking, but I lost my horse. The one that was in the hospital. Long story, but things took an abrupt turn and she never came back home, never recovered from her injury. It's still so unbearably painful I'll just stop here. After that, I went to California to see my brother, to get away, escape really. Truly it was the best trip I've had. My brother and I are closer than we've ever been, same with his wife as well. It was just what I needed, to be surrounded by nothing but love, and fun. We had a lot of fun. Before I got there, I felt like I had forgotten how to smile, that maybe it wasn't even possible anymore. Not true. That's all I did there, just so happy to be back home! We swam in our family pool, went bike riding everyday, ate at some fabulous restaurants, went to the beach, shopping, and so much more. The best was that I got to spend every second with my brother. Next week we're headed to Colorado for a few days, up towards Vail and Breckenridge, Aspen, and all over the mountains. It'll be great. Maybe we'll even check out a new place to live. This is just a short post, and I know rather cryptic, but I'm still struggling a bit. Happy Fall y'all! I'll be back soon. Jeannine

No comments: